Job Vacancy – Office Manager (Maternity Cover)
6th February 2018
Full-time maternity cover with possibility of permanent extension
Salary – £22,000 – £25,000 Dependent on Experience
40hrs per week
Location – In-house, Stockport SK4
Costumes with Character is one of the World’s leading mascot and costume manufacturers, creating bespoke characters for a wide variety of clients and industry sectors. We are seeking an experienced Office Manager to join our team on a temporary basis with the possibility of a permanent extension.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Monitor company finances and liaise with the company accountants, reporting back regularly to senior management.
- Payment of invoices and bills within the credit terms as specified by our suppliers.
- Manage timesheets and organise payroll in conjunction with company accountant and assist them with any finance related queries.
- Regular credit control, chasing debtors and arranging debt recovery when necessary.
- Day to day banking activities.
- Assist with other finance queries and tasks as requested by the Managing Director.
- Maintain company digital and offline filing systems.
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures.
- Order office supplies in line with budget constraints.
- Negotiate deals with existing service providers and maintain utility contracts.
- Attend meetings with current and potential new service providers and clients (when req’d).
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Support sales and account manager with customer orders when required.
- Disposal of sensitive documents in a professional manner.
- Organise and supervise other office related tasks as required.
- Min 2yrs relevant bookkeeping experience.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent numerical skills.
- The ability to work effectively in a team.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Experience using Sage and Sage One would be an advantage.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- The ability to problem solve.
- Punctual and with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of costume fabrication is desirable but not essential.
You may be required to undertake tasks outside of your remit so flexibility and adaptability are essential.
If you feel that you fit the bill and would like to put forward your application then send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org